Thursday, September 18, 2008

Homeward Bound


Oh, what a summer! Unfortunately, it is time to say goodbye. We will miss our families and friends that we have gotten to spend so much time with this summer. I also wanted to thank the Smart family for being willing to switch homes with us.
I have to say that our trip back was relatively calm. No-one threw up, we managed to avoid any tornados this time. After our experience coming out we checked the weather channel. Hum, not a bad idea you say. We were able to go through Wyoming (all 12 hrs of it), Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky and Tennessee. We left on time this time and got home just in time for everyone to go back to school and work.
I hope you enjoy the pictures, I tried to add some music to the slide show so I hope it works.

6 comments:

  1. Very neat with the music! The picture of the gas stations are funny. I can not imagine being in a car that long with or with out my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your outdoor fun! And oh how I love Island Park. I will send you a link to our blog. And look out for our friend's (and jon's cousin) Steven and Kim Mercer. They are now settled in Charlotte and working for BofA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad you're on here now. We'll be checking in often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi-- I am so glad your summer house swap worked out! We are here in Wichita KS living life. I am so excited to read your blog, I will send you an invite to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I can't wait to keep up with the James.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys! I found your blog through Margo's blog. What fun you guys have had! Your kids are so cute! Rylee has grown up so much. I still have a pictures of Kassie and Rylee sitting on the couch together. They always had so much fun playing together! Where were you guys hiking in the picture at the top of your blog? It's totally beautiful! I'm so glad you have a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete