Sunday, September 20, 2009

She's Here!!

Our little bundle of joy is finally here!

Brooklyn Susan James was born on September 15, 2009 at 8:01 am she was 6 pds 4 ozs and 18/12 inches long. She is our smallest baby. We love her so much already!!





I was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, but I guess she also decided that would be a good day to be born and that she would get a head start. I woke up about 4:30 having contractions, they weren't too bad so I decided that I would try to get some more rest because we didn't have to be at the hospital until 7:30. Around 5 I started timing them, they were about 7 mins apart. Around 5:30 they went to 5 mins. Around this time I decided to wake Rich and let him know that this is the real deal. We hurried around the house getting everything ready, we loaded up all the kids and the stuff and got them to our friends house. We got them dropped off around 6:40, by this time my contractions had moved to 3 mins apart. At this point in time I was panicking! I am sure Rich was driving like a maniac, but I was in too much pain to remember, it was our worst fear to have a baby in the car. Thankfully we made it to the hospital about 7:05. They hurried me to a delivery room where I was dilated to a 7. My other worst fear came true they told me that since my contractions were like every other minute I couldn't have an epidural. I wanted to choke someone when they told me that. I' am woman hear me roar! All natural here I come. So as the story goes I labored about 15 more minutes and until they checked me and found that I was completely dialated to a 10. I was pushing before the Dr. even got into the room. They kept telling me to wait, but this baby was not going to wait. The Dr. got there just barely in time. She was born so fast, that she came out in her amniotic sac, they broke the water after she was born. CRAZY!! She was born at 8:01 almost an hour after we got to the hospital.


When I was in the recovery phase, everyone left the room so that we could get some rest until our room was ready. I was just laying there half asleep until I started to feel dizzy and like I couldn't breath. Rich was asleep and I told him to go find a Dr. NOW. The nurse came in and realized that my blood pressure dropped and I was bleeding. They gave me a shot in the leg and started pumping pictocin through me, to get it to stop. They finally got it under control but I lost alot of blood. Blood transfusion level. Thankfully I was close but they decided that my blood would regenerate on its own. We are greatful to have a healthy baby that I am O.K. Thank you for everyone's thoughts and prayers! We can't wait for everyone to meet little Brooklyn.




6 comments:

  1. Wow what a birth story to give. That is my worst fear too. I pray to always have an epidural. Good luck with the baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm so happy to find out you have a blog. Now I can keep updated on you life. Congrats again on the little one. I'm glad you made it in time to the hospital. That would be a pretty scary situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy is right! Glad that you made it to the hospital and that you are doing alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah, that is a crazy story! You go girl--no epidural--yikes!! You area a braver woman than I. She really is adorable and I'm so excited that Mckynlee will have a little friend to grow up with! :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you have updated. Now don't make us wait for another year or another baby for you to update. Your kids are all so cute and Brooklyn fits right in with their cuteness. It is pretty amazing what our body's can handle. I am glad you are both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Smokes Heidi! I 'm scheduled to be induced next Wednesday. I should not have read this! I'm glad you and your baby were ok. Cam said calves can be born in the sac, but don't live because they breath in fluid and droned. Between you and Cheryl I have I have gotten pretty worried.
    Janel

    ReplyDelete