Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our special places- Day 3

Before we left we decided that we would visit our old house. What memories it brought back. Pittsburgh is such a special place to me, It had so much character. Our house was over a hundred years old. It was drafty and cold, but it was our home and we loved it. Also, we visited the neighbors that were still there. They were the BEST neighbors that we have ever had! Tim was so helpful to us and the girls, they really helped take care of me when Rich was away with school. It was wonderful to see them again. I am sorry my boys cried the whole time and we had to go, but it was still joyful to see them.
A trip to the "Burgh" wouldn't be complete without a visit to Carnegie Mellon. It was fun to walk around campus again, and feel the joy of not having to go there everyday. The kids thought it was funny that daddy was in school. I guess they don't think of Daddies sitting in desks doing homework.
Next stop was our little tiny community strip of stores. We lived in Squirrel Hill ( yes there was alot of squirels). We made a stop to the candy store (the name of it escapes me at the moment). But it was a regular stop as well as Ritas. Too bad Ritas was closed, they made KILLER custard. And of course my favorite, favorite feature of all time are the bridges. Pittsburgh is full of bridges, sometimes, actually alot of times I got lost and couldn't figure out which side of the bridge I was on. Unfortunately, this picture isn't that great. (I need my camera back!!)

1 comment:

  1. All of those pictures make me sad Heidi! I miss the Burgh too. Even though I thought at one point I never would! It was home. We mostly miss our wonderful friends there. We had some great times. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete