Monday, December 7, 2009

Brooklyn's Baby Blessing


Today was Brooklyn's baby blessing. What a special day! Everything was perfect! Except not having all of our family and friends from afar here of course.
Many things made this so special. Rich's parents coming was so nice. My mom gave us the blessing dress, which was so beautiful! It felt like she was here even though my parents weren't able to come. I found the shoes and the headband and my dear friend Heather made Brooklyn her bracelet.
After the blessing we invited church members and friends and neighbors over for a Mexican food fiesta! Rich cooked fresh tortillas on demand and I made some Cafe Rio pork with green sauce and some homemade salsa. Afterward we were truly exhausted, but the day was perfect for our little Brooklyn.

7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures! She is beautiful. I can't believe how grown up Rylie is getting. The last time I saw you Rylie was Brooklyn's age! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little cutie! That dress is beautiful. She looks like a little angel. I'm glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new babe! She is a doll!!! If you guys are ever out here, stop and say HI!!! I feel like we haven't seen you in forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun catching up with all the post! Thanks! She is beautiful, just like her sister and mama. Hope you are doing well...if you ever make it back to AZ let me know, maybe we can catch up in UT one of these years :) What song is on the movie? I love it! Please e-mail me or I will check back here in a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect little Angel, I wish we could have been there for her Special Day. We miss you guys so much. What is the song you put on the video? I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHat beautiful pictures. Really she is the most perfect little girl. I know how hard it is when family can't come. You look great too. The video was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful! I bet Riley loves having a sister.

    ReplyDelete